Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Top Five Online Tourney Players

A lot of people ask me to name the best tournament player, and while I usually say me, at the moment I have to give the award to bigjoe2003

Co owner of sngicons.com, Joe flat out dominates. He was the second ever supernova elite on poker stars. He is the biggest winner at sngs in the history of online poker. That really is something to be said. He is slowly taking over the multi tournament scene as well. He won over 40 ME packedges this past month so I'm told. That is a sick June. I think Joe's only real fault if he has one, is that he just doesn't grind enough. That and no one alive complains more then him despite winning oh you know, millions of dollars.

As for other elite tournament players I think you'd have to say JWVDCW(Assani Fisher), Bakes(David Baker), Rizen, and me.

Assani recently has had some huge scores, in my opinion though he has yet to do well against top flight competition. He crushes large tournies with weak fields, but has yet to do well in tough fields. Yet his overall roi,profit, and average buy in has to put him in the top 5.

If I were to take a hard look at myself, I'd say that I could easily be argued that I could lay claim as one of the best tournament players, but honestly I've just lost the drive. If you look at my results, I've won or had a top 3 finish in every tournament on stars except the two big Sunday events. No one else can say that. When faced with other top players like Sctrojans and live players like Victor Ramdin, I've came out in first place. Which is nothing to sneeze at.

On various forums there has been a lot of talk about next years online and live player of the year races. It has slowly started to get my mojo going. My only issue is it would take more or less a year and a half type of commitment to go for it. I'd have to get my bankroll in a spot to play live events for half the month. Not to mention play just about every WSOP and WPT event. I'm afraid honestly, that if I did this, I retire from poker after the year. Ha.

On another note, I'd like to point out that the state of Maryland has produced 15 of the top 100 online tournament players according to poketfives.com. That is pretty damn crazy.

No comments: